- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take maida, rava and sugar.
- also add fennel powder and cardamom powder.
- further add milk or rabri.
- mix well making sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- add water as required and mix well.
- make sure the batter is of smooth poring consistency.
- further whisk the batter for atleast 5 minutes.
- cover and rest the batter for 30 minutes.
- pour the batter into hot oil / ghee.
- once the malpua starts to float, splash oil over malpuas.
- and also press gently with the help of perforated spoon.
- the malpuas will puff up like poori.
- now fry both sides till they turn golden brown.
- drain the malpuas onto the a kitchen towel to remove excess oil
- now soak the malpuas into hot sugar syrup.
- rest for 10 minutes making sure both the sides of malpua are soaked well.
- finally, serve malpuas hot with rabri and garnished with few nuts.
Recipe: Hebbars kitchen