- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup besan / gram flour / chickpea flour / kadle hittu, sieve well
- 1cup ghee / clarified butter
- 1 cup oil / vegetable oil
heat ghee and oil recipe:
- firstly, in a large kadai add ghee and oil.
- further get to a boil and simmer till you prepare mysore pak.
mysore pak recipe:
- firstly, in a large heavy bottomed / non stick kadai take sugar and water. get to a boil.
- keep boiling and stirring till the sugar attains one string consistency.
- furthermore, keep the flame on very low and add sieved gram flour little by little.
- give a good stir making sure no lumps are formed.
- further add more besan and continue stirring. add approximately in 3-4 batches.
- adding in batches and continuously stirring avoids from forming lumps.
- now take a ladleful of hot ghee-oil and pour over the besan mixture.
- further,continuously stir till oil is absorbed completely.
- furthermore, add another ladleful of hot oil-ghee. sizzles and starts to froth at the top.
- keep continuously stirring till all the oil is absorbed.
- further, keep repeating 4-5 times till the mixture starts to separate from pan.
- and also the oil will start releasing from sides. no more the besan mixture will absorb oil.
- immediately, transfer the mixture to greased tray of enough depth. this helps to continue cooking and get golden brown colour in between.
- further, after 5 minutes cut into pieces as desired.
- after 30 minutes separate the pieces.
- finally, serve perfect taste and textured mysore pak.
Recipe by Hebbars Kitchen