Prawns – 250 g, medium sized
Cooked cold rice (LEFTOVER) – 3 cups (check below for more)
Onion – 1, big, finely chopped
Carrot – 2, finely chopped
Beans – 1 cup, chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt, Coriander leaves, Ghee / butter
Marinate the cleaned prawns with half tsp chili powder, half tsp coriander powder and half tsp turmeric powder along with some salt. Fry the prawns and set aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee / butter in a pan and add the chopped onion.
- After a while add ginger garlic paste and then add chopped beans . Cook with lid closed.
- Cook till the beans is half done and then add chopped carrot ( add vegetables according to your taste).
- Add required salt also.
- Saute well and when done add soy sauce ( you can add more or less according to your taste).
- And add chopped coriander and pepper powder.
- Now add the fried prawns to it and mix well.
- Finally add the cooked rice and spread it evenly all over the pan. Cook on medium high flame for 1 minute.
- Combine again, spread out and again leave on medium high flame for another one minute. Toss well on high flame for seconds and off the flame.
- Serve this yummy fried rice with curd, pickles, condiment etc..
PREPARATION OF RICE FOR FRIED RICE (if you do not have cold cooked rice)
- Clean and wash the rice (2 CUPS) and drain it. Keep it aside.
- Then take a vessel and pour some ghee in it.
- When hot add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, fennel seed to the same vessel. Saute for a while .
- Then put the rice to it and mix well.Make the flame to medium low and close the lid.
- Fry the rice well .
- By the time boil 33/4 cups of water( take water, approximately double of the rice) in a separate pot.
- When the water boils, pour it over the rice. Mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and salt too.
- Stir well .
- Close the lid and cook in a low flame until all the water gets dried up.
- When done keep the lid open and let it cool. Do not mix or stir the rice when hot.
- Once cooled, take a bowl, drop some rice to it, add some masala , again drop some rice, then masala and continue until fully completed.