Tomatoes – 8, medium
Water – 2 cups
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 2-3 cloves (For Method 2)
Corn flour – 1 ½ teaspoon (For Method 2)
Fresh cream – 1 tablespoon (For Method 2)
Sugar – 2 teaspoon
Salt – acc to taste
Pepper – ¼ teaspoon or acc to taste
Croutons- to serve
- Wash the tomatoes. Boil tomatoes and ginger with two cups of water in a pressure cooker till a single whistle blows. There is no hard and fast rule. You can adjust the amount of water according to your likings. Sometimes, even two whistles are required.
- Skin will separate out from the boiled tomatoes. Remove the peel and let it cool a bit.
- Put the tomatoes and ginger in a blender jar and grind to a smooth puree. However, do not put the water used for boiling tomatoes in the blender. That will be used during straining of puree.
- Strain the puree through a strainer along with the water used for boiling.
- Now keep the puree on the fire. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and also add salt according to your taste.
- Give it a good boil and pour in a soup bowl.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground pepper and enjoy with croutons.