2 1/2 tbsp fresh cream
2 1/2 cups chopped spinach (palak) , washed and drained
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup cold milk
salt and to taste
For The Garnish
2 tbsp fresh cream
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Strain the purée with help of a sieve and transfer it to a kadhai.
- Combine the cornflour-milk mixture and the cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain and add it to the spinach purée and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
Recipe: Tarla Dalal