1 Potatoes — 250 gms boiled, peeled and smashed
2 Carrot — 100 gms peeled and grated
3. Beet Root -100 gms peeled and grated
4. Garlic — 8 flakes peeled and chopped
5. Green Chillies — 2-3 chopped fine
6. Garam Masala Powder — 1/2 Teaspoon
7. Bread Slices — 4 dipped in water and squeezed to a pulp
8. Corn Flour — 2 Tablespoons (Optional)
9. Salt — To Taste
10. Bread Crumbs — 1OO gms
11. Roasted Urad daal — 1Tbsp (Optional)
12 Reﬁned Vegetable Oil — For Deep Frying
1. Heat little oil in a kadai. Season the Green Chillies ChOpS and garlic chops till they become golden and dry.
Add the grated carrots and beet root. Mix with salt to taste Add garam masala powder, cook well and allow
the water to evaporate Allow to cool down.
2 To this cooled mixture, add the smashed potatoes and bread slices pulp. Mix well into a stiff dough. Add
corn flour if the mixture is watery. Make equal size balls, size of mithai Iaddus with this mixture Keep in the
fridge for an hour or so.
3. Remove from fridge In a tray, arrange a sheet of paper. Take each ball, roll it in bread crumbs (Urad Dal
mixed in as optional) and flatten it into oval shaped cutlets with the help of a knife blade, patting all the
sides to shape them properly. Arrange the cutlets on the paper sheet; cover with one more layer of paper
and so on till all the cutlets are made Keep in the fridge for 3-4 hours to bind.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying. When the oil is hot and fuming, reduce the gas to little more than
medium and deep fry the cutlets, 2-4 at a time, depending on the amount of oil and taking care not to break
the cutlets. When crisp and brown, drain the oil and transfer to a plate with tissue paper to absorb the oil
Serve hot with sause & green chuthey
As soon as one batch of cutlets is fried, oil should be allowed to heat up again and any droppings in the oil
should be removed immediately.
Green Chutney Ingredients
1 Grated Coconut — 1 cup
2 Medium Size onion — 1
3. Green Tomato Small -1
4. Garlic Flakes Peeled — 4—6
5. Green Chillies — 1-2
6. Coriander Leaves — A handful
7. Salt — To taste
Grind all the ingredients to a smooth thick paste in the mixie
Recipe by Kudpi Raj